Quilts of Valor
Official Quilt of Valor Quilt Shop
Quilt of Valor's' are a passion of ours. We have made and presented over 90 QOVs, in the last few years, even before we became a Fabric Store. We present mainly in our surrounding towns, but have driven and presented in Tennessee and Kansas. We carry lots of patriotic fabrics along with panels. Click - Shop Patriot Fabrics
Procedures for making Quilts of Valor are as follows:
- Fabric used should be high quality 100% “shirt-weight” or “quilt-weight” cotton fabric appropriate for adults.
- While Quilts of Valor do not have to be red, white, and blue, most recipients, given a choice, choose quilts that are patriotic in theme.
- Patterns and blocks can be of any design suitable for a patriotic theme. Use of military-branch-specific fabrics (Army, Navy, etc.) or non-“patriotic” fabric (overly floral), unless the recipient is known in advance, may create difficulty in identifying a recipient.
- A Quilt of Valor is to be large enough to cover an average-sized adult, with an ideal size approximately 60” x 80.” Finished size can be no smaller than 55” x 65” and no larger than 72” x 90.”
- A Quilt of Valor consists of a top, batting, and backing, and must be machine quilted or hand quilted. A tied quilt is not acceptable for a Quilt of Valor.
If you are interested in receiving a Quilt Of Valor or would like to submit a Veteran's name, please call Kim at 563-875-2191 or email email@example.com.